The workshop is for all horse / animal owners and will cover:
• What to do whilst waiting for the vet;
• Empowering owners to manage routine first aid conditions for horses using essential oils, herbs and natural remedies;
• What to have in your first aid box & how to use it;
• How to make natural gels, ointments, poultices etc;
• How to prevent common problems occurring;
• Environmental enhancement;
• Link between physical and emotional health.
This workshop will teach you how to keep your horse healthy naturally, so you can save on future vet bills and lower the cost of keeping a horse!
Self-selection is a fantastic way for every horse owner to help keep their horse emotionally & physically well. This Natural First Aid Workshop really compliments the Introduction to Zoopharmacognosy Workshop.
This amazing, fun and easy to learn technique is a must for all horse owners, whether you have a top competition horse, a happy hacker, retired or anything in-between! You will be blown away by how bonding it is for you and your horse and I promise you horses will love you even more! Most people don’t realise how much introducing a bit of choice into your horses life can relive so much stress for you and your horse so don’t delay start today and you will never look back!
Zoopharmacognosy refers to the process by which animals self-medicate and naturally forage plants and their essential oils, algae, clay and other natural remedies.
In this Course we look at emergencies and typical conditions you may encounter when working with or owning horses.
First Aid Emergencies: what to do whilst waiting for the vet, minor first aid, reoccurring or chronic conditions.
We look at how to prevent or minimize chances of problems occurring in the first place, and how to use natural remedies either on their own or to support conventional treatments.
Topics we talk about in the Course / are covered in the PDF manual:
- Legal Aspects of Animal Treatment in the UK
- Levels of Emergencies
- Prevention of diseases
- Equine Vital Signs
- Types of Natural Remedies
- Emergency Kits
- Calming Remedies
- Emergency conditions such as Shock, Hyper- or Hypothermia, Raised Temperature, Infection, Wounds, Burns, Fractures, Sprains, Poisoning, Cunvulsions, Colic, Laminitis
- Other conditions: Foot Abscesses, Swellings, Parasites, Insect Bites, Inflammation, Arthritis, Sweet Itch, Ulcers, Diarrhoea, Tumours & Sarcoids, Respiratory Issues, Digestive Issues, Kidney, Liver & Immune Support, Box Rest, Dying
- The most common natural ingredients in our remedies
- How to make your own remedies